The Asia Pacific Pediatric Association (APPA) stands on the advent of the third millennium with a firm resolve to faithfully pursue its mission of:
Shielding against disease the children in this part of the world under its responsibility, and to bring to them the blessings of good health and a better quality of life, in line with the principles and policies enunciated by the International Pediatric Association (IPA) and other child-caring institutions
· That it is in the health of mind and body of APPA children and in due respect for their human rights that the future of mankind depends, including its success in the achievement of progress, prosperity and peace
· That the fruits of scientific and technological progress which promise to be abundant in the coming century should be enjoyed by the children of the Asian Pacific Region
· That all pediatricians of this Region will dedicate their efforts towards the attainment of this end through scientific meetings, congresses, workshops, collaborative search for knowledge, publications and the utilization of advances in information technology
· That all national pediatric societies affiliated with APPA will seek the means whereby to adopt new knowledge, procedures and skills to local conditions such as through relevant education and training for pediatricians and other child health care providers for the benefit of children
· That all national pediatric societies affiliated with APPA will constantly be on the alert against the emergence of new morbidities afflicting children in the Region, diseases that have re-appeared in new forms and cooperate with one another in the event of epidemics or pandemics and of disasters and calamities
· That pediatric societies in APPA will, on their own or in collaboration with their governments and non-governmental organizations, take an active part in child advocacy and in the enforcement of the Convention on the Rights of the Child and other international laws or policies ensuring the health and welfare of children That APPA will continue with greater vigor its cooperation with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and support International Pediatric Association (IPA)’s alliance with the said organizations for the betterment of child health care.